The world is a rather strange place; Things often do not happen according to the plan, and weird coincidences are usually the norm. With this in mind, it is not surprising that there are unexpected facts about everything from pencils, to history, to science, and everything in between. The following 155 facts have been selected to educate and entertain; Keep reading to discover more about this incredible world and the people who inhabit it.
Search by category: click on any of the links below to jump to each category.
Let us know in the comments below what your favorite fact is!
1. If you somehow found a way to extract all the gold from the bubbling core of our lovely little planet, you could cover the whole earth in a layer of gold up to your knees.
2. McDonalds calls frequent buyers of their food “heavy users”.
3. The average person spends 6 months of their life waiting for a red light to turn green.
4. The largest recorded snowflake was in Keogh, MT during the year 1887, and it was 15 inches wide.
5. You burn more calories sleeping than watching television.
6. There are more life forms living on your skin than people on the planet.
7. Southern sea otters have flaps of skin under their front legs that act like bags. When diving, they use these bags to store rocks and food.
8. In 1386, a pig in France was executed by public hanging for the murder of a child.
9. One in five adults believe that aliens hide in our planet disguised as humans.
10. If you think you really are one in a million, there are still approximately 7,184 people like you.
11. A single cloud can weigh more than 1 million pounds.
12. A human will eat on average 70 insects and 10 spiders while he sleeps.
13. James Buchanan, the 15th president of the United States, continually bought slaves with his own money to free them.
14. There are more possible iterations of a chess game than atoms in the known universe.
15. The average person walks the equivalent of three times around the world in a lifetime.
16. Men are 6 times more likely to be struck by lightning than women.
17. Coca-Cola would be green if no dye was added.
18. You can not snore and dream at the same time.
Don´t miss: Boiled Egg Diet: Lose 20 pounds in just 2 weeks
19. The oldest chewing gum in the world is more than 9,000 years old!
20. A coyote can hear a mouse move under a foot of snow.
21. Lightning can shoot from an erupting volcano.
22. New York deviates approximately one inch farther from London each year.
23. A US dollar bill can be folded approximately 4,000 times in the same place before it breaks.
24. A sneeze travels about 100 miles per hour.
21. The Earth has traveled more than 5,000 miles in the last 5 minutes.
22. It would take a month of laziness to travel a mile.
23. 10% of the world population is left-handed.
24. A broken clock is correct twice a day.
25. According to Amazon, the most prominent books on Kindle are the Bible, the biography of Steve Jobs and The Hunger Games.
26. Bob Marley’s last words to his son before he died were ” Money can’t buy life”.
27. A mole can dig a tunnel 300 feet long in just one night.
28. The open mouth of a hippopotamus is large enough to fit a child 4 feet tall.
29. Chewing gum while cutting an onion will help keep you from crying.
30. If you were to stretch a Slinky until it was flat, it would measure 87 feet in length.
31. Al Capone’s business card said he was a used furniture merchant.
32. There are more calls to collect on Father’s Day than on any other day of the year.
33. Hitting your head against a wall burns 150 calories per hour.
34. 95% of people send text messages that they could never say in person.
35. A crocodile cannot get its tongue out.
36. It is physically impossible for pigs to look to the sky.
37. The Guinness Book of Records has the record of being the most stolen book of Public Libraries.
38. Drying the fruit depletes it of 30-80% of its content in vitamins and antioxidants.
39. A 2010 study found that 48% of the soda source contained fecal bacteria and 11% contained E. coli.
40. 9 out of 10 Americans are deficient in potassium.
41. The blueberries will not ripen until they are picked.
42. Around 150 people per year die because of the coconuts.
43. Ketchup was used as a medicine in the 1930s.
44. Honey never spoils.
45. About half of all Americans are dieting on a given day.
46. He will turn a hard-boiled egg, but not a water-boiled egg.
47. Avocados are poisonous for birds.
48. Chewing gum burns around 11 calories per hour.
49. The number of animals killed per meat per hour in the United States is 500,000.
50. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can break a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
51. Celery has negative calories! To begin with, you need more calories to eat a piece of celery than celery. It’s the same with apples!
52. More people are allergic to cow’s milk than any other food.
53. Only 8% of dieters will follow a restrictive plan to lose weight (such as diet of hCG Drops, the garcinia
54. Coconut water can be used as blood plasma.
10-Fun-Facts-about-you55. The word “gorilla” is derived from a Greek word meaning “a tribe of hairy women”.
56. The prisoners in the Canadian war camps during the Second World War were treated so well that many of them did not want to leave when the war was over.
57. Gorillas burp when they are happy.
58. In New York, it is illegal to sell a haunted house without notifying the buyer.
59. In 2006 someone tried to sell New Zealand on eBay. The price went up to $ 3,000 before eBay closed it.
60. It is considered good luck in Japan when a sumo wrestler makes your baby cry.
61. A man from Great Britain changed his name to Tim Pppppppppprice to make it more difficult to pronounce for salespeople over the phone.
62. A California woman once tried to sue the creators of Cap’n Crunch, because Crispy Berries did not contain “berries of any kind”.
63. Apple launched a clothing line in 1986. It was described by others as a “train crash”.
64. In Japan, crooked teeth are considered cute and attractive.
65. A Swedish woman lost her wedding ring and found him 16 years later, growing up in a carrot in her garden.
66. Donald Duck’s comics were banned in Finland because he does not wear pants.
67. The chance that you die on the road to getting lottery tickets is really greater than your chance to win.
68. Cherophobia is the fear of fun.
69. The “Colgate” toothpaste in Spanish translates as “go hang”
70. The pirates wore earrings because they thought it improved their sight.
71. Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.
72. Cockroaches can live for several weeks with their heads cut off, because their brains are located inside their body. Eventually they would die because they could not eat.
73. Scientists have tracked butterflies that travel more than 3,000 miles.
74. To produce a single pound of honey, a single bee would have to visit 2 million flowers.
75. The population is expected to increase to 10.8 billion by the year 2080.
76. You breathe an average of 8,409,600 times a year.
77. At this moment, more than 60,000 people fly over the United States on a plane.
78. Hamsters run up to 8 miles at night on a wheel.
79. A waterfall in Hawaii sometimes goes up instead of going down.
80. A church in the Czech Republic has a spider made of human bones.
81. Under the Hammurabi Code, the waiters who diluted the beer were punished with execution.
82. Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
83. During your life, you will produce enough saliva to fill two pools.
84. You are 1% shorter at night than in the morning.
85. The elephant is the only mammal that cannot jump!
86. Most of the dust particles in your house are made of dead skin!
Did you know
87. If 33 million people held hands, they could do so around the equator.
88. Earth is the only planet that does not bear the name of a god.
89. The hound is the only animal whose evidence is admissible in court.
90. You are born with 300 bones, but when you are an adult you only have 206.
91. A ten-gallon hat can only hold ¾ of a gallon.
92. Like fingerprints, everyone has different language impressions.
93. Originally, ATMs were thought to be flaws, because the only users were prostitutes and players who did not want to deal with cashiers face to face.
94. Of all the words in the English language, the word “set” has the most definitions. The word “run” comes second.
95. A “jiffy” is the scientific name of 1/100 of a second.
96. A quarter of the bones in your body are on your feet
97. 111,111,111 X 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
98. Blue-eyed people tend to have the highest tolerance for alcohol.
99. A traffic jam lasted more than 10 days, and cars only moved 0.6 miles per day.
100. The tongue is the strongest muscle in the body.
101. Each year, more than 2,500 left-handed people die from using right-handed products.
102. More than 50% of people in the world have never made or received a phone call.
103. The cigarette lighter was invented before the game.
Facts of animals
104. Sea otters hold hands when they sleep so they do not separate.
105. The skin of the Golden Poison Dart Frog has enough toxins to kill 100 people.
106. The male ostrich can roar like a lion.
107. Mountain lions can whistle.
108. The tongue of the giraffe is so long that they can lick the inside of their own ear.
109. Cows kill more people than sharks do.
110. Cats have 32 muscles in each of their ears.
111. Butterflies taste their food with their feet.
112. A tarantula can live without food for more than two years.
113. The tongue of a blue whale weighs more than most elephants!
114. Have you ever wondered where the phrase “It’s raining cats and dogs” comes from? In the seventeenth century, many homeless cats and dogs would drown and float through the streets of England, making it seem that cats and dogs literally rained.
115. Approximately 3,000 cows are needed to supply enough leather for the NFL for just one year.
116. Male dogs lift their legs when they are urinating for a reason. They are trying to leave their mark higher so that they send the message that they are tall and intimidating.
117. A hummingbird weighs less than a penny.
118. The eye of an ostrich is larger than its brain.
119. Dogs are able to understand up to 250 words and gestures and have demonstrated the ability to implement mathematical calculations.
120. A sheep, a duck and a rooster were the first passengers in a hot air balloon.
121. Birds do not urinate.
Facts that blow the mind
122. A flea can jump up to 200 times its own height. That’s the equivalent of a human who jumps out of the Empire State Building.
123. There are 5 temples in Kyoto, Japan, which have blood-stained roofs. The roofs are made from the floorboards of a castle where the warriors committed suicide after a long confrontation with an army. To this day, you can still see the contours and the footprints.
124. There is a snake, called boomslang, whose venom makes you bleed from every hole in your body. It can even turn blue due to internal bleeding, and it can take up to 5 days to die from bleeding.
125. A crystal ball will bounce higher than a rubber ball.
126. The density of Saturn is low enough for the planet to float in the water.
127. 68% of the universe is dark energy, and 27% is dark matter; Both are invisible, even with our powerful telescopes. This means that we have only seen 5% of the universe from the earth.
128. The founders of Google were willing to sell Google for $ 1 million to Excite in 1999, but Excite rejected them. Google now is worth $ 527 billion.
129. In the last 20 years, scientists have found more than 1,000 planets outside our solar system.
130. There are 60,000 miles of blood vessels in the human body.
131. If a pregnant woman has organ damage, the baby in her womb sends stem cells to help repair the organ.
132. If you started with $ 0.01 and doubled your money every day, it would take 27 days to become a millionaire.
133. Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.
134. A person can live without eating for about a month, but only a week without water.
If the amount of water in your body is reduced by only 1%, you will feel thirsty.
If it is reduced by 10%, you will die.
135. On average, 12 newborns will be delivered to the wrong parents daily.
136. You cannot kill yourself by holding your breath.
137. Human contraceptive pills work in gorillas.
138. There are no clocks in the gambling casinos of Las Vegas.
139. Beetles know apples, wasps like pine nuts and worms like fried bacon.
140. What is called a “French kiss” in the English-speaking world is known as an “English kiss” in France.
141. The months that start on a Sunday will always have a “Friday the 13th.”
142. The placement of a donkey’s eyes on their heads allows you to see all four feet at all times!
143. Some worms will eat themselves if they cannot find any food!
144. Dolphins sleep with one eye open!
145. It is impossible to sneeze with open eyes.
146. In France, it is legal to marry a dead person.
147. Russia has a larger area than Pluto.
148. There is an opera house on the US border and Canada, where the stage is in one country and half of the audience in another.
149. The more you concentrate on falling asleep, the less likely you are to fall asleep.
150. You cannot buzz while keeping your nose closed.
151. Women have twice as many pain receptors in their bodies as men. But a much greater pain tolerance.
152. There are more stars in space than grains of sand on every beach in the world.
153. For every human on Earth there are 1.6 million ants.
154. However, the total weight of all those ants is approximately the same as all humans.
155. On Jupiter and Saturn it rains diamonds.
Pigs executed for murder? The speed of a sneeze? Certainly, there was data in this list that made you laugh, and there were probably many more that you did not know. The world is a strange place, after all! Do you have any I miss you wanting to share with us? If so, comment below. And be sure to check out our other publications for more information that enriches your daily life, or just for an entertaining distraction from your busy workday.
5 weird fitness tips that work
There are a lot of tips and tricks out there that the affirmation of the “experts” will benefit your fitness. If you are a little overwhelmed by all this, we have compiled a list of five fitness tips that, although they may seem a bit strange, should give you concrete results.
Chocolate milk as a recovery drink
It may not be the first thing you would consider drinking after your workout, but chocolate milk is thought to be an excellent option to help you recover. The results of a study conducted by the University of Indiana found that athletes who drank chocolate milk were not as tired in their second intense workout, compared to participants who took a sports drink on board.
Another study by researchers at the University of Texas endorsed these findings. Athletes who received chocolate milk in their study had faster race times compared to athletes who drank sports drinks. Chocolate milk is thought to be a good recovery drink since it contains proteins, calcium and antioxidants.
Add ice to your water bottle
A simple but effective fitness trick is to add ice to the bottle of water you use during your workouts. A study conducted by a researcher at the Stanford University School of Medicine found that obese participants exercised for longer when they had a cooling device, compared to those who did not. The research proposed that women who had something cold could exercise for longer because their internal temperature increased more slowly.
The women did not endure so much heat and as a result they were able to continue with their training. Freeze your water bottle before or add some ice cubes to try to increase the amount of time you can exercise.
The issue of running barefoot has been a great controversy in the world of athletics since the book Born to Run was published in 2009. Many people joined the idea of leaving the shoes, claiming that barefoot training can benefit your health and your Health. training; Especially for runners who are prone to injuries. However, the debate around this fitness council is still ongoing and research on running barefoot is somewhat limited.
Barefoot, a Toronto-based group that supports the idea, says running without shoes can improve circulation, poor posture and give you stronger bones. His claims are supported by another study that found that running barefoot resulted in a four percent reduction in energy expenditure. Therefore, running without your shoes could improve your race time and increase the time you can run.
This is an excellent advice for all coffee lovers. The University of Nebraska discovered that consuming caffeine before a workout before a workout can help you burn more fat during your workout. This is because caffeine can increase your metabolism and black coffee before exercise can cause the body to burn fat as an energy source, as opposed to glycogen.
Another study from the University of Illinois found that those who consumed caffeine before their training reported less muscle pain than those who did not take any on board. This quick fitness tip may help you train longer and with greater intensity. Along with all this, caffeine can also help improve your concentration so you can make the most of your workouts.
If you want to improve your fitness, it may be time for you to start shouting about it. In a physical conditioning program, IntenSati works on this principle, encouraging participants in their classes to express themselves and recite positive affirmations and phrases such as: “I am strong” and “I can do this” when performing exercises such as interval training , dance, martial arts and yoga.
IntenSati says that training the mind, body and spirit and the concept behind the technique is that shouting words of encouragement helps to motivate the individual and change his mentality towards training. Vocal addition to classes is also used as a way to distract participants from any fatigue or pain they may feel during training.
And if you are very serious about losing weight, you must try a Free weight loss kickstart, nothing to lose, and all the world to gain.