- 1 Staying fit can be difficult, but it is something everyone should do to ensure their health.
- 2 1. Improve mental health:
- 3 2. Effectively help in weight loss:
- 4 3. It reduces the risk of certain cancers:
- 5 4. It helps boost your immune system:
- 6 6. Reduce cravings for sweets and the need to “eat stress”:
- 7 7. Highly cardiovascular health benefits:
- 8 8. Help with mobility at an advanced age:
Staying fit can be difficult, but it is something everyone should do to ensure their health.
However, it is not necessary to join a gym or run five kilometers every day. Regular walks can be enough to improve your health and stay in shape. The health benefits of walking regularly are numerous.
In addition to improving your mental and cardiovascular health, and helping with weight loss, walking regularly can be a great way to get fresh air into your lungs and get much-needed vitamin D from direct sunlight.
Even leaving your house and moving around may be enough to improve your mood and well-being.
These are eight benefits of walking you may experience if you walk only 30 minutes a day, and you will begin to experience improvements in your physical and mental health.
The Mayo Clinic recommends walking as a low impact exercise, and is obligated to benefit you in the following ways:
1. Improve mental health:
One of the main benefits of walking is that it can improve your mood. According to the Mayo Clinic, walking can help improve symptoms of depression and anxiety.
Benefits of walking
2. Effectively help in weight loss:
Researchers at Harvard Medical School discovered that walking regularly can reduce the effects of 32 genes that promote obesity in the human body.
3. It reduces the risk of certain cancers:
Two studies of the American Society of Clinical Oncology showed that walking three hours a week can halve the risk of dying from breast or bowel cancer.
4. It helps boost your immune system:
It was shown that walking for at least 30 minutes a day increases the level of cells in the body’s immune system in a study conducted at Appalachian State University in North Carolina.
5. It can be effective in preventing diabetes:
6. Reduce cravings for sweets and the need to “eat stress”:
Studies from the University of Exeter found that walking for only 15 minutes can help curb the cravings for sugary foods. It was also discovered that it reduced cravings during stressful situations.
7. Highly cardiovascular health benefits:
One of the benefits of walking is to promote heart health. A study by the Harvard Medical School found that walking approximately 20 minutes a day can reduce the risk of heart disease by 30%.
8. Help with mobility at an advanced age:
A study by the American Medical Association concluded that one of the greatest benefits of walking is that it promotes better physical health in people aged 70 to 89 years. Those who exercised regularly in their younger years drastically decreased their chances of having any physical disability.
Don’t forget my number one recommendation for losing weight, you must try this Free weight loss kickstart, see you soon.